doPDF and the caption of ARABIC scripts

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
mutaryim
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:09 am

Postby mutaryim » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:14 pm

First of all I avail myself f this opportunity to thank doPDF's developers and the company in general for this great application.


My only problem I found using doPDF is when wishing to make a PDF of a website containing Arabic fonts.


In MS Word (I havent tested this in a website), if the Arabic font is one of the most commonly used like Times NewRoman or Arial, there seems not to be a problem with it. But if other Arabic (typical) font is used, then the document is not properly captured.


See this examples, not for MS Word, but for some websites with not so exotic Arabic fonts:


This is a screenshot:

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/qntppg.jpg[/IMG]


and this is the output with doPDF:

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/24w6g44.jpg[/IMG]


Another example (this is even worst because it does not capture at all the Arabic Script:


screenshot:

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2hwcnj6.jpg[/IMG]


doPDF output:

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/213qivk.jpg[/IMG]


Hopefully there would be a solution to this problem in the next doPDF's version. :-s



mutaryim
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:09 am

Postby mutaryim » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:06 am

This post is linked to this other one:



    http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/non-latin-characters-problem-with-arabic-letters?replies=6#post-852

In the 1st example with the Spanish text I have tried several 'Encoding Character' options (in the toolbar's 'View' tab) with Firefox & MS Explorer browsers (Arabic standards ISO, Windows, IBM... ), and the only 'View' that reproduced properly ALL Spanish Characters is the one I had pre-selected, i.e. 'Occidental (ISO-8859-1)', otherwise there are some Spanish accented letters like 'á', 'Á', 'í', 'Í', 'ó', 'Ó', 'ú', 'Ú' that are not well represented. You can make the test yourself (I think this one is a good sample text for checking that).



    telefonica.net/web2/jmtru/arabe/quecae.html

Try switching to 'Arabic (Windows-1256)' encoding view and you'll see what I'm saying. With the 'Unicode (UTF-8)' encoding the result is even worst.



Softland
Posts: 1478
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 7:19 am

Postby Softland » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:16 am

That page converts well for me here under Windows XP/Vista with the latest updates and dopdf installed. dopdf should print the page exactly as it shows in your print preview window, so i don't understand what happens. if you'll tell me what operating system you have installed, in what language you have it (and dopdf too) and also what options you have selected in the Regional and Language Options (you can send screenshots) we'll try to reproduce that here too.




Return to “Troubleshooting”