Awards & Mentions
"I have been looking for software to convert Word documents to PDF format and have tried several which have been very unsatisfactory. I have just downloaded yours and ....... it is very very good. Simple. No-nonsense. Works perfectly and instantly. I am very impressed. Thank you. Stephen B."
Download doPDFconvert to PDF for free
doPDF is a free PDF converter for both personal and commercial use and works on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2012/2008/2003 (32 and 64-bit). Over 14,000,000 downloads!
We created doPDF with the purpose of giving users a way to create PDF files fast and easy. This is why doPDF is the most lightweight free PDF creator in the world - no exaggerations, the setup is a mere 4MB, does not require 3rd party software (such as Ghostscript or .NET, as most of the other free PDF creators require) and barely uses any resources during conversion. By downloading PDF creator doPDF, you will be able to create PDF files for free as soon as it is installed. Here's why you have to use doPDF:
- Select and convert - Creating PDF files is as simple as selecting the file you want to convert and clicking a button that will start the actual conversion (you can also print to pdf via the virtual doPDF printer).
- 400+ document types supported - the principle is this, if a document type is printable, then doPDF can create a PDF file out of it. This is why you can convert documents such as: DOC, DOCX, DJVU, XLS, XLSX, XPS, PPT, PPTX, DOT, EML, VSD, PUB, PUBX, MPP, WPD, OpenOffice, DWG, HTML, TXT, PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF and many others.
- No GhostScript or .NET - doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF printer programs.
- Consistent PDF look - To ensure that the resulting PDF file will look exactly as originally intended, doPDF embeds by default the font subsets used in the original document.
- Industry-standard PDF files - doPDF creates standard PDF files, meaning you will be able to open them with any free PDF reader (i.e. Adobe Reader, Foxit PDF Reader, Sumatra PDF Reader, Nuance PDF Reader). Not only that but the content of the PDF file is searchable, meaning you can search for text within the created PDF file (and search engines will also index the text from the PDF).
You can download doPDF by using the main download location above, however if for some reason the download isn't working you can use one of these alternate download locations:
- Download from Soft112
- Download from CNET
- Download from Fileforum
- Download from Softonic
- Download from PC World
- Download from V3.co.uk
Read the latest news about doPDF using the widget below (syndicates the content of Twitter):