PDF Development Solutionsadd PDF creation capability in your applications
If you develop your own applications and want to be able to allow your users to generate PDF files directly from your software interface, you've come to the right place. We are experts in the field of PDF creation and doPDF is a proof for that. However, doPDF is intended to be used directly by end-users and is difficult to consider using it as part of an integration with your applications. So here are the options we offer in situations like these:
- Distributing doPDF. Since it is freeware you have permission to distribute it to your users, as long as you don't modify its setup. Even if this option is free, the disadvantage is that your users will need to install doPDF separately after they installed your application. Plus, in order to create PDF files from your program they will need to print from it through the doPDF virtual printer (if your application supports printing).
- Using our PDF toolkit. We have two commercial products that help developers like yourself to integrate PDF creation ability in their applications: novaPDF SDK and novaPDF OEM. You can read details about both products below:
What is novaPDF SDK
It's a pre-processing PDF solution for developers that want to give users the ability to generate PDF files from their applications (designed for Windows 2012/XP/2003 Server/2008 Server/Vista 32/64-bit and Windows 7). The scheme below shows how your application will interact with novaPDF SDK:
Details regarding novaPDF SDK:
- It includes a COM object that has to be integrated in your application. Works with most programming languages (C/C++/C#, Visual C, Delphi, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Java ...).
- Documentation for integration is provided, including several code samples (for ASP.NET, C#, C++, Delphi, Java, Ms Access, Visual Basic, VBNet)
- A virtual printer (novaPDF for SDK) has to be distributed (royalty free licensing - can be configured to not show in the list of Printers)
What is novaPDF OEM
Unlike the SDK, novaPDF OEM is a post-processing PDF solution for software developers. It doesn't get integrated in your application, but rather is installed silently as a virtual PDF printer via your application's setup. After it's installed it can convert to PDF the documents that are sent to it for printing and save those documents to a location you've defined via your software. The image below shows the interaction between your application and novaPDF OEM:
Details regarding novaPDF OEM:
- Nothing has to be integrated directly in your application. This means that your application can be written in any programming language and you'd still be able to use novaPDF OEM.
- You have to distribute the novaPDF Professional OEM printer with your application's setup. A royalty free license is provided thus it doesn't matter the volume of distribution.
- The distributed virtual printer creates PDF from any application that supports printing and saves those PDF files to a location accessible only from your application for post-processing.