when converting from Word, last 40 pages missing

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Joy

Post by Joy »

When converting a Word document, we discovered several pages did not convert. When the error was discovered and we pdf'd the document a second time, it converted the entire document no problem. Would like to know what might have caused this so we can avoid the error in future (repercussions were not good).

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We have tested our application on all the MS Word versions available and we did not notice any issues of this sort with any of them.
Our advice would be to check on the application from where you are doing the printing to make sure everything is setup correctly and in case of any other errors to consult the application event viewer for the cause.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

Joy

Post by Joy »

We use MS Word 2010. I checked in the application log of the "application event viewer" - no errors noted there.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
Unfortunately at this point the only suggestion we have is for you to send to us a sample of that document so we can do some tests at [email protected] and maybe we can get to the error. As you mentioned it was sporadic so this may or may not happen again here so this can be a long shot.

Joy

Post by Joy »

Thanks for your help - will do. I know intermittent faults are hard to replicate and therefore fix. I guess if anyone else has experienced this problem you would know.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
We have received the document and tested it with about 10 print jobs but all of them printed successfully.
We also noticed you have an older doPDF version namely the 7.0 321 build so we suggest you also upgrade doPDF to the latest build and let us know if the issue happens again.
Thank you.