Text Expands Beyond Right Edge of Page

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
DERoss

Text Expands Beyond Right Edge of Page

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7
doPDF 8.7.943

I tried repeatedly to print a a Web page to a PDF file. The page looks great in my browser (SeaMonkey 2.40). In the PDF file, however, several lines of text are expanded beyond the right edge of the page, causing information to be lost. The page is at [http://thestarphoenix.com/life/bridges/ ... rget-pasta]. I tried printing both portrait and landscape; I tried reducing the size to 90%. None of that helped.

I often see this problem with other pages from the same Web site.

DERoss

Re: Text Expands Beyond Right Edge of Page

Post by DERoss »

This is still a problem with doPDF 8.7.945. Note: The displayed Web page in my browser does NOT show this problem. The Print Preview also does not show this problem.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
Tested this on Chrome and works fine, at least I don't see anything wrong with the PDF. If that's the case then the problem is in the way SeaMonkey sends the page for printing, can you try on your side too a different browser?

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

I tried this with Internet Explorer 11, but I cannot get doPDF as a printer for IE. Please tell me how to fix this.

I do not have Chrome installed and do not want to install another browser just to test this.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

This is still a problem with doPDF 8.8.946.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
doPDF 8.8.946

I found how to print to PDF with doPDF from Internet Explorer 11. The problem does not occur there.

I then printed from SeaMonkey 2.46 (a new version) to an actual hardware printer (HP LaserJet Pro 200). It printed there okay, too. Also, the display generated by SeaMonkey's print-preview function was good. However, printing to a PDF with doPDF from SeaMonkey 2.46 still shows the same problem.

Since both print to an actual printer and print-preview from SeaMonkey works okay, I must conclude that the problem lies either in doPDF or in the interface between doPDF and SeaMonkey but not in SeaMonkey's basic print capability. Given that SeaMonkey is based on the same Gecko core as is Firefox, I suspect this is also a Firefox problem. No, I will not install Firefox to test this.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

This is still a problem with doPDF 8.9.951. I have also noticed this problem with other Web sites.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

You could send both issues to support[]novapdf.com, this way we'll keep a better track of the bug flow.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

It appears that version 9.0.217 fixed this problem. Web pages where I had this problem -- including the page I cited in an earlier reply to this issue -- no longer exhibit the expanded text. If I see this problem again, I will report it here.