searchable from Firefox, not from Chrome

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Frits van Zanten

Post by Frits van Zanten »

With increasing numbers of dead links I often save interesting (merely scientific) webpages as PDF, and it comes in handy when you can find them with search-options like Explorer's. Recently I discovered that hundreds of my PDF's made by DoPDF turned out to be not searchable, where DoPDF used to create searchable PDF's. The original websites wére searchable. First I blamed DoPDF, but when I, a Chrome user, created a PDF from Firefox it turned out that one wás searchable. So it is Chrome. I tried te register at Google's but they started doing spooky things, asking passwords for my Hotmail-account, where it was not clear who asked fot the password, then started fooling around in my Hotmail-inbox, so I canceled. So my question is, how to create searchable PDF's from Chrome? And how to convert all these not-searchable ones?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Unfortunately this issue is out of our hands as it is exclusively related to the way Chrome handles the converted PDF documents (the PDF output in Chrome is setup as image not as text)
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

Frits van Zanten

Post by Frits van Zanten »

Thank you for your quick response