Printer Files

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
darkrats

Post by darkrats »

I've used your software for a long time. Suddenly, I'm seeing something, that likely happened "behind the scenes" in the past. Previously I would open a word document, select doPDF and "print to a file", click OK and choose a location and the result would be a PDF version at that location.
Now when I click OK it wants to first place a "Printer File" at the saved location, and then the window comes up that lets me create the PDF.
What's going on, and why isn't this temporary file (printer file) created and deleted, invisibly in the background? I am really annoyed at having to make two files, every time I use doPDF. Anyone else get this? Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We tried to replicate your issue but there isn't any other file created in the background at that location except the pdf itself and no Printer file popup comes up either.
Can you tell us from what application are you doing the printing?

Follow us to stay updated:

darkrats

Post by darkrats »

After a bit of testing, I think the problem may be elsewhere. I loaded up PDFCreator (an open source product) and again, a window popped up and asked me to save the word document as a "printer file". The only difference was that it was actually saved as a pdf and there was no second file at the saved location. I'm not sure what's going on.
Using Word 2003 on Windows XP, but also happens when printing to a file using doPDF from any application that supports printing with your software.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Can you please check if you have any Print to file option enabled in the Print window when printing from the Word application? That may be the reason for the extra print file. When you print with doPDF that option should always be unchecked.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

darkrats

Post by darkrats »

Thanks, Softland. That was, in fact, what I was doing wrong. Unchecking that option fixed my problem.