Error in Vista 64 bit

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
NVDepofi

Post by NVDepofi »

Yesterday, I had no issues with doPDF. Today, it won't print. The ONLY thing I have done since that time is shut down and restart the computer. I have restarted the print spooler, uninstalled doPDF and reinstalled it, restarted the computer again, etc. with no success.
The error states: "Error creating PDF file: access is denied"

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

Let me know this:

- from what program have you tried printing and you got that error (was it Firefox, Internet explorer)

- do you have AVG 8 (free edition) installed?

- did you try to print to dopdf but not by going to File-Print but by going to File-Print Preview and after that clicking on Print

- do you get that error when printing from notepad or another program?

- can you make a test and disable DEP temporarily and try to print to doPDF after that?

Follow us to stay updated:

NVDepofi

Post by NVDepofi »

-I've tried printing from MS Word and from IE7

-Adobe 8 is installed

-No, I haven't gone to print preview first, I printed the same way I printed 29 files yesterday.

-Every program so far fails, IE7, FireFox 3, etc
HOWEVER! There is GOOD news and bad news. The good news is, provided I select a folder I'm permitted by Vista to send to, it works. The bad news is, I've apparently wasted your time, and banging my head on the desk hurts. The doPDF 'default' folder reset when I restarted my computer, and the folder it was trying to print to is protected in Vista 64 (maybe all versions, I don't know.)
The error message is what threw me off, I was certain there was an error somewhere along the line, I just didn't think it would be in the destination folder permissions.
Thanks for looking into it.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Well the good thing is that it works now, so glad to see you've found the solution.

Follow us to stay updated: