doPDF installation fails; error code: 1018

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Scrambled

Post by Scrambled »

I have not been able to successfully install doPDF on my Vista Home Premium SP1 computer. The installer runs it course, but doPDF does not appear in the list of available printers. I have followed the advice in other forum posts:

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/dopdf- ... stallation

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/proble ... stallation
Below is the log file created during my last installation.

What should I do next?
------------------------------------------------------------

Fri Oct 17 13:42:55 2008

novaInstaller.exe, parameters: -install -name "doPDF v6" -default -languages en -deflanguage en -log

WinMain, installing printer: "doPDF v6" and seting as default printer

PdfsInstaller.Initialize, operating system NT version is: 600

PdfsInstaller.GetPrinterDriversFolder, printer drivers directory is: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\"

WinMain, selected languages: en

WinMain, default language: en

WinMain, copy profiles from printer:

PdfsInstaller.DeleteNovaLanguage, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.DeleteLanguageRegSetting, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, starting to copy files

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdfpr6.dll" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfpr6.dll"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdfui6.dll" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfui6.dll"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdf6.chm" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.chm"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.ctm"

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Stop spooler... hrSppoler = 0

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Start spooler... bOkSpooler = 1

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdfmn6.dll" to: "C:\Windows\system32\dopdfmn6.dll"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdfmi6.dll" to: "C:\Windows\system32\dopdfmi6.dll"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdfcl6.exe" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfcl6.exe"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdf6.ctm" to: "C:\Windows\system32\dopdf6.ctm"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdf6.clg" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6.clg"

Copied: "C:\Users\-\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GUH58.tmp\i386\dopdf6_en.lng" to: "C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6_en.lng"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing driver ...

PdfsInstaller.InstallDriver, installed driver: "doPDF 6 Printer Driver"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, did not add "doPDF 6 Monitor" port monitor. Error = 3006

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, creating port: "DOP6:"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing printer: "doPDF v6"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPrinter, FAILED to install printer: "doPDF v6" Error = 1018

OpenPrinter failed, error = 1801

WinMain, There were some ERRORS returning error code: 1018

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,

The errors you are getting say this:

"The specified print monitor has already been installed

Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion."
So it seems that it detects a previous installation. First of all make sure you have administrative rights. Then download the latest version of doPDF (see main page) and follow again the complete uninstall tutorial. After uninstalling it, restart your computer so that all registry keys that needed deleting should be deleted. Just to be on the safe side, use registry editor to find any keys that are for doPDF and were not deleted (such as HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Softland\doPDF and HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1229272821-706699826-725345543-500\Software\Softland\doPDF). After that install the new version and restart your computer to see if it shows.

Follow us to stay updated:

tingtong

Post by tingtong »

Hi,
I also can't install the software and here the log:
===================================================================

Wed Oct 29 12:24:42 2008

novaInstaller.exe, parameters: -install -name "doPDF v6" -nodefault -languages en -deflanguage en -log

WinMain, installing printer: "doPDF v6"

PdfsInstaller.Initialize, operating system NT version is: 501

PdfsInstaller.GetPrinterDriversFolder, printer drivers directory is: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\"

WinMain, selected languages: en

WinMain, default language: en

WinMain, copy profiles from printer:

PdfsInstaller.DeleteNovaLanguage, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.DeleteLanguageRegSetting, cannot delete key, error = 2

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, starting to copy files

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Stop spooler... hrSppoler = 0

PdfsInstaller.RestartSpooler, Start spooler... bOkSpooler = 1

PdfsInstaller.CopyFiles, FAILED to copy file: "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-NRI7F.tmp\i386\dopdfpr6.dll" to:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdfpr6.dll

Error = 5

Copied: "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-NRI7F.tmp\i386\dopdf6_en.lng" to: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\dopdf6_en.lng"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, did not add "doPDF 6 Monitor" port monitor. Error = 126

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, creating port: "DOP6:"

PdfsInstaller.CreatePort, failed to create port: "DOP6:" Error = 50

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, using port: "LPT3:"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPdfsPrinter, installing printer: "doPDF v6"

PdfsInstaller.InstallPrinter, FAILED to install printer: "doPDF v6" Error = 1797

OpenPrinter failed, error = 1801

WinMain, There were some ERRORS returning error code: 1797

===================================================================
What's wrong with my PC ?

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi tingtong, in your case the error says "Access is denied" when trying to copy a file from your Temp folder to the spool/DRIVERS folder. This probably happens because you're not logged in as the administrator or don't have rights to access the System32 folder, so log in as an administrator and install after that doPDF. In case doPDF shows as it's installed, you'll need to do a complete uninstall as mentioned here:

http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf

Scrambled

Post by Scrambled »

As you advised, I uninstalled doPDF and removed all traces I could find. I used the Revo uninstaller program and then searched the registry for all instances of “dopdf” and deleted them. I restarted the computer and reinstalled doPDF, but again, it did not appear in the printer list. Unfortunately, I did not think to log this last installation so I have no further information.
It might be significant that I have tried to install other PDF printer programs, like novaPDF and Bullzip PDF, and none of those installations was successful either.

tingtong

Post by tingtong »

I already use the administrator user to install the software, but the error still come.

Claudiu (Softland)

@Scrambled - I'm afraid I can't help you. It might be something with your system, maybe the Print Spool service is not working properly anymore, given you can't install those other printers either. I see you have Vista, but are you using any "adapted" versions of it (like this user here http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/bug#post-84)?
@tingtong - The log file shows that it could not copy dopdfpr6.dll file from your temporary folder to the system32 folder. If you have administrator rights and can read/write to these directories, then it might be that another program is accessing the dopdfpr6.dll file in the same time the installer was trying to copy it. Do a complete uninstall of dopdf again and reinstall it but this time before the reinstall disable temporary any realtime scannning of your antivirus or other protection programs you're using because they might be scanning the dll file in the same time and lock it.