doPDF files are corrupt

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
sdstein7

Post by sdstein7 »

I have been using doPDF successfully for several weeks. Suddenly this morning the files it creates are corrupted and cannot be opened by Adobe Acrobat. I have verified that Adobe does work on other files, including those created using doPdf yesterday.

I get no error messages, and Adobe simply does not open. I have rebooted my workstation several times. What could be happening? Do I need to uninstall/reinstall?
Thanks,

Sanford Stein

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi Sanford, yes do an uninstall and reinstall the latest version from our site. The pdfs aren't opened because most likely they're 0KB, which means that dopdf isn't installed properly (or something went wrong with the already installed driver).

Follow us to stay updated:

rbolus

Post by rbolus »

Hello Sandford,
I began having the same problem today. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times but the problem still exists. Will have to find another program. Too bad as I was satisfied with the way it was working until now.
Robert

Claudiu (Softland)

@robert, have you tried completely uninstalling dopdf before reinstalling the new version (released yesterday)? - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf
And from every program you try to create a PDF it gets this error, or from a specific one?

Worknprogress

Post by Worknprogress »

I had been using dopdf for about 45 days & everything worked find for word, excell. Then all of a suddenit quit working for word only. I go and do everything as normal to convert and it just hangs up the printer(dopdf). It just sits there like it's spooling. When I open up the printer & try to cancel the print job over & over, it never cancels. The only way to get it to cancel is when I exit out of word. It still creates a pdf but says it's corrupt or an error. Word comes up stating that exiting the program will cancel the print job. I have uninstalled & reinstalled dopdf. I reinstalled Word. I just downloaded the new version of dopdf today. Still Word does not work but the other ones do?????

THANKS>>>>FRUSTRATED

Claudiu (Softland)

Does word hang whenever you print a particular document or with any type of document (even an empty one) you experience this problem (and I assume you don't remember what document it was the first time you had problems with)? Also, can you try printing from MS Word to a different printer (even printing a single page to a regular printer) and see if that gets processed?

Worknprogress

Post by Worknprogress »

I do know the last document that I 1st had the problem. I did a little self diagnostics & found out that when I tried any MS Word doc to any printer now it does not print(thanks for your suggestion on testing that). But what is happening is when I go to file go down & click on print, I can't print to anything(it just hangs up in print que spooling). But if I click on print icon button, it prints?? So I'm not sure what has caused this strange thing to start with MS Word?? Any suggestions?

Claudiu (Softland)

And you did reinstall MS Word? I would say you should do a repair for office, maybe Word is the culprit here. Checking for updates for it is another solution, and eventually look in the Administrative Tools - Events Viewer for any crash reports on Word (or anything else suspicious).

Worknprogress

Post by Worknprogress »

Will give that a try.... thanks for your help