Cyrillic Font

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Last Friday, I downloaded your latest doPDF, and was able to PDF Word, Excel and PowerPoint files. Thank you. I like the software. Nevertheless, there is one issue, which I would like to clarify with you.
I started with a Word file and converted it to PDF. Then, I e-mailed the PDF file to my wife who uses iMac, and she was able to open it and the file looked fine. The same day, she sent an e-mail message using Entourage to somebody using iMac and the person could not read the first two lines of the message because they were in the Cyrillic alphabet. The letters followed the right order, like in English words, but they were in Cyrillic, e.g., "r" was written as "p". Still, the copy of the e-mail message on my wife's iMac looked normal. In addition, the message my wife sent did not contain my PDF file.
Could this problem be related to the PDF file I made with doPDF on my Dell laptop (Word 2003, and Windows XP) and e-mailed to my wife’s iMac? Alternatively, is it just a coincidence and the problem was a result of issues on the third person computer?
I know that doPDF does not work on iMac.
Your comments will be greatly appreciated, and thank you again for the great and free doPDF software. The PDF files are so small!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Most likely the pdf got corrupted when sending it from your wife's computer to the other person. Try sending it via email to the other person and see if this happens again. I'm sure that you've used the "embed fonts" option when converting the pdf too, this ensures that the fonts are visible even if the recipient doesn't have them installed.

Thinking again this might be a problem with font embedding. If you haven't done this, make sure that when you create the pdf file you thick the box "Embed fonts" in the Save PDF window. This will embed the fonts in the pdf and the recipient will be able to see the PDF with the correct fonts.
Follow us to stay updated:

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thank you for your help. I continue enjoying doPDF and discovered a new minor "bug". After I create new PDF, I open it and go to File, and Properties. I noticed that the displayed time at which PDF was created is always 5 hours ahead of my laptop time. I use 7.1.326 version of doPDF. Can I reset it within my software or you have to change something within the program to display the correct time of PDF creation? Please advise.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

You're right Matthew, this is a bug, thank you for reporting it.

We'll correct it in the next build. Right now the stamped date is in GMT format, so if you are GMT-5 then the creation date appears in the future (have any lotto numbers you'd like to share ;)? ).

Follow us to stay updated: