Cannot Remove novaPDF

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
DERoss

Cannot Remove novaPDF

Post by DERoss »

Windows 7 (x64)

When I installed doPDF 8.0.907, novaPDF was also installed. I really do not need it, so I used Windows Programs and Features to remove it. Lo and behold! It is again installed! How do I remove novaPDF so that it stays removed?

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Cannot Remove novaPDF

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

doPDF (the application) uses the novaPDF Printer Driver to create PDFs. That's why you have an entry for doPDF and another one for the printer driver. You cannot remove the printer driver as it will render doPDF inoperable - when you remove doPDF the printer driver will also be removed too. Other than that listing of the printer driver in the Programs list, there's no interaction between you and novaPDF so you won't see any advertisements or upgrade requests if that's what you worry about.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

Then how do I remove novaPDF from my Word and Excel "ribbons"?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Depends on the office version you have but here's a tutorial http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/exce ... 7.aspx#BM2 on how to manage your addons - basically you'd uncheck the novapdf one to have it removed.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

I consider this issue CLOSED. In a separate topic, I reported a failed installation of doPDF 8.0.915. There, I noted that, when I uninstalled the failed installation, novaPDF was also uninstalled.