Can't save file. Chrome/Flash/Windows 7

Post here if you have problems installing or using doPDF.
Merild

Post by Merild »

On Windows 7 in the Chrome browser, a flash applet displays something, and offers me to print it out. I click print and the dopdf opens its save dialog box, BUT
I can't save the pdf file anywhere on the computer, no matter where i chose i get the message

"You don't have permission to save in this location.

Contact the administrator to obtain permission."

Which seems fake since I am the admin and I have permissions everywhere...
What's going on?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Thank you for reporting this issue to us. We have managed to replicate it and the fix will be available in the next doPDF release.

Follow us to stay updated:

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
After checking on this further i am afraid the issue really lies with the UAC (User access control) feature for windows as it will not let the users save/write the files in certain paths. Examples include c:\, c:\program files, c:\windows and generally all the windows created folders with risk of security when writing to them. Unfortunately we cannot do anything in this matter regardless of the browser used or application as this is a windows setting that cannot be bypassed.
Thank you for understanding.

Merild

Post by Merild »

As I wrote it was every single path on the computer (including a USB drive)

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
We have tried printing with all the possible combination with users (admin and standard user) and permissions given with the UAC and it is working to save on any other location including the USB drives except the folders i have specified in the previous reply as the windows folders.
All we can suggest now is for you to try other printing applications as well and see if you can replicate this issue with them too. If this is the case you may have some issue with your permissions on the Windows OS.
Thank you for understanding.

Merild

Post by Merild »

"printing applications" ???
You mean another pdf printer drive?
Or printing from other applications? I tried from Firefox and then the flash plugin crashed. I tried from internet explorer and a shell window ("C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\dopdfcl6.exe") opened - but a pdf was actually saved.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
Yes we were referring to other printer drivers to see if you can replicate this with them as well which you probably will.
The application from where you are doing the printing doesn't really matter in this case as we are talking about Windows specific permissions and policies.
Thank you.