user license

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Drew Perry

user license

Post by Drew Perry »

I just downloaded doPDF and found a web page to save as a PDF file and it said 'license not valid for printer doPDF8, print job will be cancelled.' How do I activate license?

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: user license

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Most likely it wasn't installed correctly, please uninstall and reinstall the latest build from our site. Thank you.

Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I have the same problem.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest build from your site as per advice (incidentally both uninstall and reinstall were build 915).
I do not need the add in for Microsoft Office, so did not install that - the main purpose of installing this program is to create PDFs from website (print versions).
So back to Drew's question - how do I activate the licence?
Regards
Carol

Claudiu (Softland)

Carol, doPDF is freeware so there's no license that needs to be activated/entered. If you get an error message it is a problem in dopdf and if possible you should send us a problem description at [email protected]
Thank you.

Martyb

Post by Martyb »

Hello I am having the same issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the fresh download from the website. The error message I am getting is " License is not valid for printer doPDF 8 (4380). Print job canceled " here is a picture Image

This is on a domain computer with the non admin user logged in, but i get the same error when logged in as admin.

any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

Marty

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi Marty, can you install the latest 8.5 version as we've done some fixes in it too.

garygc01

Post by garygc01 »

Keep getting user license required. Have loaded 8.5, deleted, and reloaded 3X. In Firefox it closed Firefox. Same in Explorer. I am using Windows 10. Have never had problem before.

Claudiu (Softland)

This error (4380) is shown in the latest version when the service "novaPDF Server" is not started. The service should start automatically when your computer is restarted, but on some systems that doesn't always work. Here's what you should do:
1. First of all, if you haven't already, try to restart your computer and see if the error is still shown.
2. If the error persists then you must start the "novaPDF Server" service. To do that go in your Control Panel -> Administtrative Tools -> Services, click on novaPDF Server and then Start it.