The printing of the same pdf file is not done correctly

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
kana48

Post by kana48 »

In the first image you can see the printing result of a page from web. In the second, instead, you can see the printing result of the same page but from pdf file.

I suppose there is a bug in the printing of PDF file.

The same problem is present with any pdf file I reprint.
I am using a doPDF program version 6.2.build 300. The issue was not present in the previous version
I hope this bug will be fixed.
Giampaolo

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

I'm not sure I understand, you're saying that when you're creating a pdf file from a webpage it doesn't include the text? If so, try to see if printing from another browser works, or also embedding the fonts.

Follow us to stay updated:

kana48

Post by kana48 »

Yes. You have not understand what I mean. I try to explain it clearly.

The first image is a pdf file created from a webpage or another text file. The second image, instead, is a pdf file created from the pdf file shown in the first image.

Operations:

1- I have created a PDF file that I have named test1.pdf

2- I have opened the test1.pdf (see first image);

3- I have created a PDF file from the test1.pdf that I have named test2.pdf;

4- I have opened the test2.pdf. Some text is missing (see second image);
Is it clear now?
It is not a browser problem because the issue is present any time you create a pdf file from another pdf file.

Claudiu (Softland)

I did the test you mentioned and it worked for me, so i don't know what happens, but try embedding the fonts the second time.
However, why would you create a pdf from an existing pdf that you generated directly with dopdf? It's like printing on a piece of paper and after that printing on top of it again, the quality reduces and the size basically remains the same (or even increases)?

kana48

Post by kana48 »

Thank you for your effort to try fixing this odd issue.

Perhaps, I am the one and the only to be troubled with it...!!

Concerning your questions, I do need to add some notes to the already existing pdf in order to create a new one to be sent by email. I will email you a pdf copies for checking.

Meanwhile I will try to uninstall the programme and install the last version one (doPDF 6.2.301)

Thanking you in advance, best regards.
Giampaolo
P.S.: The issue is not present if I create a pdf file using other programme (e.g.: PDF creator or PDF995), but I would like to use doPDF. :)

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi Giampaolo, we've looked at the samples you sent. When printing to dopdf directly from the web, text is sent to it as text, and images as images. However, when printing another pdf to dopdf, text is sent as images too and they overlap for different text sections, that's why that problem occurs.
We'll try to correct this in the future but since this is something that very few people requested it's not going to be a priority - as I told you the idea is that it doesn't make that much sense to print a pdf to another pdf. Thing is that even in your case, you can create the pdf file from the web and after that use the free Adobe Reader to add sticky notes to it.
As for the other 2 programs you mentioned, they both use Ghostscript so that's why for them it's the same result, because it's not something they fixed or developed is something that ghostscript offers.

kana48

Post by kana48 »

Hi Softland

Thank you for your patient and effort to solve the issue. I understand the correction is not going to be a priority for you, therefore I will wait. In the mean time, I will use other program.

Best regards.
Giampaolo