some other font problem in the pdf file

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
tmv003

Post by tmv003 »

i use some of the tamil fonts,like tam-bamini font in my ms office 2003 word file. i decided to convert the the file to pdf format. so, i use dopdf for the convertion. the pdf

file contains the above tamil font. then i give the pdf to my staffs. they don't have the tam-bamini font. the pdf file shows only ascii characters on their computers. but that pdf files shows the tamil characters shows correctly. i tam-bamini font is installed on my system. is any possibilities are available to merge the tamil fonts within the pdf files?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Make sure you install version 6.2 of dopdf as it contains an option called Embed fonts that you'll need to check when creating the pdf - this way the tamil font will be embedded in the pdf and they'll see the same thing ( this option shows on the save dialog, as presented here in the screenshot - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/major- ... opdf-62287 )

Follow us to stay updated:

JohnnyX

Post by JohnnyX »

I used " Calibri " font writing the hole document and a special font called "Euro Sans" for the Euro logo (it's a Type 1 font).

The text in Calibri was succesfully converted but the symbol of the Euro was not displayed, or missed during the conversion.

Now I have the full text with a blank space instead of the Euro symbol.

Anyone has an idea about this trouble?
TX to everyone.
JohnnyX from Italy.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, dopdf does not support Type1 fonts, so you can only have the text converted in the pdf by changing it to an opentype/truetype font.

Follow us to stay updated: