PDF - size is larger that it`s source images

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Tiesto

Post by Tiesto »

I tried to make a pdf file from some images ( aprox.size 9 mb ) and I recieved a pdf with 18 mb size! How can I just join the images together with size enlarging ( better with it decreasing )?

P.S. Are you planning to add a function for adding name, author and other meta-tags?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, please see this post with tips to reduce the size of the pdf - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/keeping-file-size-down

Follow us to stay updated:

Tiesto

Post by Tiesto »

I red you post but in my case I do not use a word to print images to pdf. I print them directly from OS by selecting them all and pressing "print". First I thought that pdf possable thinks that my document is colored ( 1st page was in color - all next grayscale ), he uses larger color palette for all document and that`s why it becomes larger. I tried to use only b/w images. The result was the same - pdf twice larger than source images. Why could it be so?
And what is about a function for adding name, author and other meta-tags ( ex.: first view of document by open - pages by pairs )?

Claudiu (Softland)

Well the only solution in this case would be to reduce the quality/size of the original images before printing them with dopdf, in order to create a smaller pdf files. You can reduce the quality of the images to about 150dpi and also reduce the size to fit the one of the resulting page (for instance if the resulting pdf file will be letter sized, make sure the images are cropped to fit a letter sized page.

Tiesto

Post by Tiesto »

Are you planning to add an ability to add "author" and "header" in result pdf?

Claudiu (Softland)

yes, we'll add author and header in a future version