PDF in all black ink for commercial printing

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I'm creating a newspaper in Microsoft Publisher. My printer wants it saved as a PDF. I've sent the rough draft and he says the black print is "composite" and he needs it in pure black.
He says I can do that in the tool bar but I can't figure out how.
Help please!

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

doPDF creates the PDF how it receives it, so changing those colors has to be made directly in Publisher. I don't have much experience with Publisher, but I know you can set the output to be different composite colors by going to File->Print->Advanced Print Settings. Here's what I've found in the MS Publisher help regarding the type of output, and you'll have to ask your printer guy which option he wants you to use:
Click Advanced Print Settings, and then click the Separations tab.

In the Output list, do one of the following:

Click Composite Grayscale to print a composite to a black and white printer.

Click Composite CMYK to print a composite to a CMYK color printer or proofing device.

Click Composite RGB to print a composite to a color printer.

P.S. You should edit your forum username so that it's not your email address, because this way you make your email public. You can change the username on the Profile page.

Follow us to stay updated:

ronenbn

Post by ronenbn »

Hi Softland
I think that doPDF is a very nice virtual driver, not too sophisticated.
However, a color / B&W feature is highly needed (and exists with PDF995, PrimoPDF, etc.).

I think you may wish to consider adding that feature to the Printing Option.
Best,

Ronen (ISRAEL)

shiny

Post by shiny »

Am running a printing press which was newly started. can any body help me where to get commercial printing equipments and also can i know the starting price for that.I would be very thankful.