doPDF Feedback

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thanks for doPDF. It's simple to use and I've never had any problems.

Scott

Follow us to stay updated:

huizhe

Post by huizhe »

I've been using doPDF for as long as it's been around. It just gets better and better. I never have any problems with it, and it prints all the images I need it to print.
I use Windows 7 64-bit and can't use the PDF printer driver for Adobe Acrobat unless I download directly from a website or directly open an image with Acrobat Pro, but I usually insert TIFFs and JPEGs into MS Word and print those pages with doPDF -- Adobe won't fix the disconnect between Acrobat 7 Pro and the commercial version of Win7, although I had no trouble using the two when the Win7 Ultimate RC was free for a year. Because Adobe and Microsoft decided to prong their customers by making these two programs incompatible, I bought Nitro PDF Pro, but I much prefer to use doPDF to print PDFs.
Keep up the good work, Softland. If you ever decide to put out a commercial version to rival Adobe Acrobat and Nitro, I think it'll probably be better than both, and I'm prepared to pay for such a program. While I have no problem with free software, I really do prefer to pay programmers and developers for their creativity and hard work. I rarely work for free. I don't see why software developers and programmers should. Hard work ain't easy, as my father told me far too often to allow me to forget it, but it's true.
Thank you for doPDF.

Claudiu (Softland)

@huizhe - thank you very much for your excellent feedback, we're happy when doPDF helps other users. If you haven't done it already, you can help us by +1 or Like doPDF (as mentioned here http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/we-nee ... ting-dopdf), in case you have an account with either Google or Facebook.

Oh and we do have a commercial product called novaPDF, details about it are available here: http://www.dopdf.com/compare/

Follow us to stay updated:

edj95949

Re: doPDF Feedback

Post by edj95949 »

How do you turn off the update check?

Claudiu (Softland)

Open the Printing Preferences window (go to your devices & printers list and right click on dopdf-Printing Preferences) and on the About window click on Updates. You'll see a checkbox that needs to be unchecked to disable updates.

Xmetalfanx

Post by Xmetalfanx »

I just want to comment that I am a longtime user of doPDF and though some of the alternatives are "not bad"... doPDF is the printer driver I keep coming back to ... like the "gold standard". Anyway, I have been on 7.2xxx and it is great. Everytime (I believe I tried a few different builds) I tried 7.3xxx The layout of what I was trying to convert to a pdf was all off ... margins, borders, ... just a mess.

For the heck of it, I tried 8.x and EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL (like in 7.2) again. :D . I am not sure what happened, but as I said I had bad luck with the 7.3xx releases ... I was on (if I recall correctly) 7.0x 7.1x, and 7.2x, and there was never issues after updating/upgrading... its great to see 8.x works as expected

This is not a "complaint about 7.3x" post ... its a "Thank you (for everything really) for 8.x " post. Not one of the other printer drivers seem to be "for me" and I rather have just stuck with (even if it was an old version) doPDF.

Thank you again,
Xmetalfanx