define paper sizes

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
ronitk

define paper sizes

Post by ronitk »

Hello,
How do i define paper sizes?
Can i define paper longer then 3276 mil'?
ronit

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: define paper sizes

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

On the "Printing Preferences" page for doPDF (right click on the doPDF printer from your "devices & printers" list and select "printing preferences") there's an option "Custom" that lets you choose a predefined size. It cannot be more than 3276 millimeters though. Also, this size is not saved once you use it, so you'll have to enter it again when you need it.

peronakov

Post by peronakov »

I have to add that I also need to define custom paper sizes permanently, so they appear in the drop down list of available printing formats. I have to constantly print drawings in dimensions 420x297mm, 580x297mm, 950x297mm etc. and all the time I have to enter properties, custom properties, change the paper size, click Ok, click Ok again in the next window, wait couple of seconds while the computer process that and all in all loose some 30 seconds doing that instead of simply choosing the right paper size, predefined from the drop down menu and click print. This is not a problem for 2-3 prints, but when you have to print 100 drawings it's a painstaking task constantly changing the paper size manually.

I really doesn't see any problem why can't we define custom paper size and make them stay as predefined.

In the newest version doPDF 8 that I tried today (I currently use doPDF 7), there isn't even an option to define custom paper size even temporarily (only predefined A4, letter etc.), so I had to revert to version 7 again.

Please consider this addition in your next version.

Claudiu (Softland)

In version 8 there are a lot of new predefined sizes compared to version 7, so we removed the temporary custom page size feature - we'll consider adding it back in the next version.

StanS

Post by StanS »

I would second this. I frequently have used version 7 to print drawings of ARCH D and E proportions

Claudiu (Softland)

We're working now to have it where if you send a custom size to doPDF, it will print exactly that size. So this means that whatever form it receives from the original program it will keep.

Claudiu (Softland)

We recommend installing the latest build, doPDF 8.0.908. This will recognize the custom page sizes sent to it and create the PDF exactly with that size.

farnold

Post by farnold »

We have installed the lastest build, doPDF 8.0.911, however, it is not recognizing paper size 290 x 320 mm to generate PDF and we are unable to define a custom paper size.

So far, the only way around is using paper size A3, which is the closest large enough size to fit our document, but leaves two white spaces, above and bellow the content.

Claudiu (Softland)

@farnold can you please check on the about page of dopdf that you have indeed a build newer than 8.0.908 (that's when the custom size option was introduced)? If you do and it still happens, is it possible for you to send us at [email protected] the original document you converted from for us to test?

cove3

Post by cove3 »

Is there a way to download legacy dopdf7? Access 2007 reports work fine with dopdf7, but doesn't like recently installed dopdf8 on my other computer. This dislike is in two areas:

1. Access 2007 report design green flags a print specification error if page width and length is not exactly specified when choosing dopdf8 as the printer and custom size as paper. Access 2007 appears to want to see the width/length in inches when choosing custom which in my case is 8.5x22, 11x22, and 14x22. I'm getting erratic output that doesn't match the report design if I go ahead in spite of the flag

2. I want to get the 22" page length allowed by Access 2007. I'd like the web site user to scroll as few pages as possible as reports are 100+ pages long

Net: Where can I download legacy dopdf7? I'd prefer to download it from dopdf.com as the other sites want me to install a download program which I'm not sure I trust.

Thanks in advance

Ron